Forbes Magazine and Forbes.com has released its annual list of the richest people in the world. Forbes found over 1,000 billionaires who added to their massive fortunes compared to 2021. There are also over 200 first-time billionaires on the extensive lost, published April 6th.
Several notable women made this year’s list as newcomers, including Melinda French Gates of Microsoft with a net worth of $6.2 billion, Trudy Cathy White of Chick-fil-A with $4.6 billion, Grammy-winning singer Rhianna with $1.7 billion from her music and cosmetics, and Jenny Just of Fintech (finance and investments) with $1.5 billion.
According to Forbes, the United States still has the distinction of having the most billionaires worldwide at 735 and a collective net worth of $4.7 trillion. Following is a list of the richest people in the world for 2022 and the richest women in the world for 2022:
- Elon Musk, $219 billion, Tesla, Space X, U.S.
- Jeff Bezos, $171 billion, Amazon, U.S.
- Bernard Arnault & family, $158 billion, France.
- Bill Gates, $129 billion, Microsoft, U.S.
- Warren Buffett, $118 billion, Berkshire Hathaway, U.S.
- Larry Page, $111 billion, Google, U.S.
- Sergey Brin, $107 billion, Google, U.S.
- Larry Ellison, $106 billion, software, U.S.
- Steve Balmer, $91.4 billion, Microsoft, U.S.
- Mukesh Ambani, $90.7 billion, diversified, India.
- Francoise Bettencourt Meyers & family, $74.4 billion, L’Oreal, France.
- Alice Walton, $65.3 billion, Walmart, U.S.
- Julia Koch & family, $60 billion, Amazon, U.S.
- MacKenzie Scott, $43.6 billion, Amazon, U.S.
- Jacqueline Mars, $31.7 billion candy, pet food, U.S.
- Gina Rinehart, mining, Australia.
- Miriam Adelson, $27.5 billion, casinos, U.S.
- Susanne Klatten, $24.3 billion, BMW, pharmaceuticals, Germany.
- Iris Fontbona & family, $22.2 billion, mining, Chile.
- Abigail Johnson, $21.2 billion, money management, U.S.